Instant Pot Mexican Pork recipe makes tender, flavorful shredded pork. This Mexican-style shredded pork makes a great filling for tacos, burritos, and more!
Instant Pot Mexican shredded pork is tender, flavorful pork that's so easy to make! This easy recipe takes about an hour to make.
It's great for meal prep, can be made into a freezer meal, and it makes a great filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and more!
How to make Instant Pot Mexican shredded pork
Step 1: Stir together spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: Cut pork roast in half.
Step 3: Add the two pork roast pieces to the inner pot.
Step 4: Sprinkle spice mixture over the surface of the roast.
Step 5: Pour the broth around the pork pieces.
Step 6: Top with garlic and onion.
Step 7: Close and lock the lid.
Step 8: Press manual high pressure and adjust the cooking time to 90 minutes.
Step 9: Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.
Step 10: Unlock the lid, and shred the pork before serving.
This shredded pork can be used in so many ways! It makes a fantastic filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and more!
Can I freeze Mexican shredded pork?
You can! The pork can be frozen either before or after cooking.
Freeze before cooking
To freeze before cooking, add the roast pieces, spice mixture, onion, and garlic to a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
When you're ready to cook, let it thaw in the refrigerator. Add the thawed mixture to the Instant Pot inner pot along with the beef broth.
Freeze after cooking
To freeze after cooking, cook as directed. Let it cool to room temperature and place in a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Store any leftover Mexican shredded pork in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The pork will keep for up to 4 days when properly
More Instant Pot pork recipes!
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Mexican shredded pork recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Instant Pot Mexican Pork
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 6 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups diced yellow or white onion
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Stir together spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut pork roast in half.
- Add the two pork roast pieces to the inner pot.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over the surface of the roast.
- Pour the broth around the pork pieces.
- Top with garlic and onion.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Press manual high pressure and adjust the cooking time to 90 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.
- Unlock the lid, and shred the pork before serving.
- Spice blend: Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your tastes. The seasoning blend doesn't have any heat to it. If you'd like to add some heat, you can throw in some cayenne pepper along with the rest of the seasonings.
- Nutrition values are estimates.