Best Instant Pot Chipotle Chili Recipe! This easy, flavorful ground beef and bean chili recipe is made quickly in the electric pressure cooker.
Chili is on our regular dinner rotation during the winter. It’s easy to make, is made with pantry staple ingredients, and my whole family loves it!
This Instant Pot chipotle chili recipe is super easy to make and the flavor is fantastic! The electric pressure cooker makes quick work of the chili, but it tastes like it simmered all day.
This chili is also really flexible, and I’ve included some variations and tips in the substitutions below.
- Ground beef: You can use any fat percentage ground beef in this recipe. I like to use 85% or 90% lean ground beef.
- Kidney beans: You can use light or dark canned kidney beans.
- Beef broth: I like to used reduced-sodium beef broth so that I can better control the amount of sodium in the recipe. You can use regular beef broth if you prefer.
- Diced tomatoes: Plain diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with onion or garlic work well in this recipe.
How to make Instant Pot chipotle chili
Step 1: Press SAUTE and adjust to NORMAL.
Step 2: Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain the fat and return the ground beef to the inner pot.
Step 3: Add the diced onion and garlic. Cook until onion has softened, about 3 minutes. Press CANCEL.
Step 4: Stir in crushed tomatoes, beans, broth, diced tomatoes with juice, Ro-Tel, tomato paste, adobo chile sauce, chile, chile powder, paprika, oregano, and black pepper.
Step 5: Close and lock lid. Turn pressure release valve to sealing. Press manual and adjust time to 10 minutes and pressure to high.
Step 6: At the end of the cooking time, carefully turn the pressure release valve to venting. Unlock and remove the lid.
Step 7: Give the chili a good stir before serving.
Sides that go well with chili
Chili can be served as-is, or it can be topped with toppings like shredded cheese, sliced green onions, sour cream, shredded lettuce, sliced olives, avocado, or diced tomato.
More Instant Pot ground beef recipes
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot chipotle chili recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can follow me on PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Instant Pot Chipotle Chili Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounce can Ro-Tel drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sauce from chiles in adobo
- 1 chile in adobo finely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons ancho chile powder more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Press SAUTE and adjust to NORMAL.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Drain the fat and return the ground beef to the inner pot.
- Add the diced onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Press CANCEL.
- Add crushed tomatoes, beans, broth, diced tomatoes with juice, Ro-Tel, tomato paste, adobo chile sauce, chopped chile, chile powder, paprika, oregano, and black pepper.
- Close and lock lid.
- Turn pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and adjust time to 10 minutes and pressure to HIGH.
- Once the cooking time has ended, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, carefully turn the pressure release valve to VENTING.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Give the chili a good stir before serving.
- Nutrition values are estimates.