Easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe! This quick weeknight dinner is packed with flavor and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
When I was a kid, there were certain dishes that I thought of as being really fancy. Stroganoff was one of those recipes that kid me thought of as fancy, and I think that's one of the reasons that I liked it so much.
Traditional stroganoff can take some time, but this Instant Pot ground beef stroganoff makes it a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Serve it alongside a green salad and you have a quick, tasty dinner that's so easy to make.
How to make ground beef stroganoff in the Instant Pot
Step 1: Cook the ground beef. Drain the fat and return to the inner pot.
Step 2: Add the onion and garlic. Stir in.
Step 3: Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
Step 4: Deglaze the inner pot with the beef broth. Scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. This will help to avoid burn warnings.
Step 5: Stir in the mushrooms, noodles, and tomato paste. Cook.
Step 6: Stir the cornstarch and water together. Add the cornstarch mixture, mustard, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Beef: I use 85% lean ground beef. You can use leaner (or fattier) ground beef if you prefer. You can also sub in ground turkey if you like.
- Mini lasagna noodles: My local grocery store calls them mini lasagna noodles, but I've also seen them called "malfalda" or "malfalda corta".
- Sour cream: Plain Greek yogurt (skim, 2%, or whole milk) can be used in place of the sour cream. I don't recommend using fat-free sour cream in this recipe.
Store any leftover stroganoff in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The leftovers will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored.
More Instant Pot recipes!
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
You can follow me on Pinterest or Facebook even more delicious food.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef1
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups mini lasagna noodles2
- 1 cup sour cream3
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot.
- Add the ground beef, and stir until browned.
- Carefully drain the fat and return browned ground beef to inner pot.
- Stir in the onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in.
- Deglaze the inner pot with the beef broth. Scrape up any of the browned bits.
- Press CANCEL.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomato paste, and noodles.
- Close the lid and lock into place.
- Turn the valve to SEALING.
- Press MANUAL and set time to 4 minutes.
- Move the valve to VENTING to release the pressure.
- Stir the water and cornstarch together.
- Stir in the sour cream, mustard, and cornstarch mixture.
- I use 85% lean ground beef. You can use leaner (or fattier) ground beef if you prefer. You can also sub in ground turkey if you like.
- My local grocery store calls them mini lasagna noodles, but I've also found them called "malfalda" or "malfalda corta".
- Plain Greek yogurt (skim, 2%, or whole milk) can be used in place of the sour cream. I don't recommend using fat-free sour cream in this recipe.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Loved the simplicity of this recipe! I doubled and it was cooked perfectly using to the directions. I did alter a bit: used wide egg noodles, replaced sour cream w/Greek yogurt & used 2x the amount of it & the mustard, & added quite a bit more salt & pepper. I also added 2 T of Worcestershire sauce which gave a really tasty additional flavor. I will definitely make this again with the alterations. Thanks for the simple, tasty recipe!
This was really good.