Instant Pot Cranberry Chicken is a one-pot sweet and tangy chicken dinner. This easy recipe turns a few pantry-staple ingredients into a delicious dinner with almost no prep!
Instant Pot cranberry chicken is tasty one-pot dinner recipe. This flavorful recipe is a great combination of sweet, sour, and savory.
This recipe is the Instant Pot version of the classic baked chicken. That recipe is made from Catalina dressing, cranberry sauce, chicken, and a packet of onion soup mix.
This recipe keeps the same flavors but uses a few common seasonings in place of the onion soup mix. And since it's made in the Instant Pot, there's almost no prep!
How to make Instant Pot cranberry chicken
Step 1: Place the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot inner pot of a 6 quart pot.
Step 2: Pour the chicken broth over the chicken.
Step 3: Sprinkle the dried onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt over the chicken.
Step 4: Pour the dressing over the chicken.
Step 5: Add the cranberry sauce over the dressing. Do not stir.
Step 6: Close and lock the lid. Be sure that the pressure release valve is set to sealing. Press manual high pressure and adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes.
Step 7: Once the cooking time has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
Release any remaining pressure.
Step 8: Remove the chicken to a plate, and give the sauce a good stir. Serve the sauce over the chicken.
This is a saucy chicken recipe. I recommend serving the chicken over mashed potatoes, rice, quinoa to help absorb some of the flavorful sauce. Since the sauce is fairly rich, I like to serve the chicken with steamed green beans or a fresh green salad.
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chicken will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored in the fridge.
More Instant Pot chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot cranberry chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Instant Pot Cranberry Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Catalina dressing or Russian dressing
- 14 ounces can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Place the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot inner pot of a 6 quart pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the dried onion, garlic powder, pepper and salt over the chicken.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken.
- Add the cranberry sauce over the dressing. Do not stir.
- Close and lock the lid. Be sure that the pressure release valve is set to sealing.
- Press manual high pressure and adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has finished, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken to a plate, and give the sauce a good stir.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.
- Chicken broth: I use reduced-sodium chicken broth to avoid a saltier dish.
- Garlic powder: Be sure to use garlic powder, not garlic salt.
- Stirring: It's important to avoid stirring the sauce before cooking. The dressing and cranberry sauce will cause a burn notice if you stir it before cooking.
- To thicken the sauce, stir 2 tablespoons of corn starch together with 2 tablespoon of chicken broth in a small bowl.
Press sauté, and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Let the sauce cook, stirring regularly, until thickened. Serve over chicken.
- Nutrition values are estimates.